Updated as of March 17, 2020
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
PromCon North America is currently scheduled to take place as planned July 16 - 17, 2020 in Vancouver, Canada. We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus situation, and are in regular communication with the Westin Bayshore. If it is determined that we cannot move forward with the event due to government restrictions and/or a continued concern for the welfare of our attendees, we will update all event participants in a timely manner, and issue full attendee registration refunds, and sponsorship refunds.
Assuming the event does continue, we will keep the safety and health of our attendees as our top priority on-site and will institute all safety measures as recommended by the WHO and the CDC at that time to ensure everyone's health and well-being. This will most likely include measures as detailed below.
Onsite Safety Measures
- Plentiful sanitation stations onsite with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wipes, and tissue
- Signage encouraging attendees to practice Respiratory Hygiene & Social Distancing
- A no-handshake policy at the event
- Regularly sanitizing all surfaces through the event space
- Sanitizing speaker microphones between each speaker's use
- Requesting anyone that is sick to refrain from attending or to seek medical attention right away should they get sick onsite
World Health Organization (WHO) Novel Coronavirus Daily Situation Reports: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Real-Time Data Dashboard from Johns Hopkins University: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
US Dept of State Travel Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/